One of the major benefits of digitizing the sourcing process is the ability to quickly and easily retrieve data about your past projects. The Insights Module puts a lot of your data at your fingertips, allowing you to easily segment and analyze your data, chart trends, and export this data to run any additional analysis outside of Bonfire.
In this article, we will go through a brief tour of the Insights Module, covering the major functionality available to you. Before diving in, it's important to note that in order to see the Insights Module you will need an additional User Role to be associated with your account. The role "Insights - Organization Observer" can be added to your account either by the Organization Administrator at your organization or by one of our support agents.
Once you have the User Role associated with your account you will see Insights in the top banner of Bonfire.
Once you click on Insights you will enter the module. The Insights drop-down menu will give you access to the different charts and data. The insights are broken down into 3 types:
- Category: Category charts break down the data among three distinct categories - Project Types, Project Owner, and Department.
- Time Series: Shows the change of aspects of your projects over time (ex. number of projects created over time).
- Scatter Plot: Currently contains one chart plotting quantitative versus qualitative scores on vendors who bid on your projects.
With each chart, you can filter the data based on a timespan, project types, projects owners, and departments. This will allow you to answer questions such as:
- How many RFP's did we run during our last fiscal year
- How does project type affect procurement cycle length
- Who has run the most number of projects
- How does the number of vendor submissions compare based on project type
The above represents only a few of the many examples that Insights lets you glean with just a few clicks.
If you're interested in performing additional analysis you can export the source data of each chart by clicking on the Data tab as shown below.
Clicking on the button shown above will generate an Excel report of the source data of the chart.
If you have any questions about the module please let us know at Support@GoBonfire.com